Chiropractors in your area can do a lot to help with anterior cervical spine surgery, chronic aches and pains, rehabilitation after an injury, and even preventative work. If you are interested in chiropractic information, here are a few facts that will probably interest you.
1. Degenerative disc disease is actually part of the normal aging process in adults. Some of the the changes it can cause include degeneration in the discs that cushion the spine.
2. One of the most common causes of lower back pain in adolescents and especially athletes is Spondylolysis. This is a small stress fracture that usually affects the fifth lumbar vertebra in the lower back. Which can usually be helped with anterior cervical spine surgery or less invasive options like visiting a chiropractor in your area.
3. With the amount of heavy labor that takes place in the United States, it will not be surprising to learn that lower back pain is a major cause of missed work. It is also the leading cause of job related disabilities.
4. A recent study has shown that those who live in the United States spend at least 50 billion dollars each year on back pain. This does not even include the more difficult to identify costs like alternative treatments.
5. The most common treatment used in chiropractic care is spinal manipulation. This takes place when chiropractors adjust the spine. The act is also known as chiropractic adjustment. See this link for more.