Though you will more than likely be hard pressed to find a financial planner that will suggest investing in the iraqi dinar because of low international currency exchange rates, here are a few facts that you should know about the currency in case that facts changes in the near future.
1. In 2004, new 25, 50, and 100 dollar dinar coins were introduced, later they were withdrawn due to unpopularity.
2. The highest dinar denomination of the dinar that was printed until 2002, was the 250 dinar note. New denominations that were recently released in order to make cash transactions easier have made it unnecessary.
3. Dinar banknotes issued between 1990 and 2003 had an image of Saddam Hussein on the front of the note. This has obviously been phased out lately.
4. Iraqi dinar are considerably affordable, this makes them a low risk investment though they do not show the potential for a large return on investment anytime soon.
5. The Iraqi Dinar has been been produced in several denominations, and color schemes over the past decade. References: www.gidassociates.com